Tuesday, July 11, 2006

i'm still alive

yes, it's been a few days and I am still alive. I am still surrounded by piles of junk, but not many boxes are left. I have a ton of crap to take down to the garage, but once that is out, I will have two liveable rooms in my house! Isn't it interesting how some things disappear when you move and no matter what, you can't find them... and other useless things seem to multiply! I can't find any of my baskets! And I somehow ended up with only 4 forks. I used to have 8... I have all the rest of my silverware. And I must have 2 boxes of stinky candles. Where the heck did they come from? I don't remember having that many candles. And I think I have 4 bottles of Tilex. That will get used eventually, but where am I going to store 4 bottles of Tilex. It's too hot to put it in the garage. I guess I could just donate a bottle to my mom and my sister. They probably wouldn't mind. Okay, I need to get back to work. My baby sister, Shelby, is coming over today to sit with Hannah while I clean my room. Hannah wants to be wherever I am and there just isn't room for two people in our room right now! :) All of our clothes were in storage for 8 months, so they all have to be washed. Our room is completely covered by mountains of laundry... not even kidding, we're talking about 15-20 more loads. I did 8 loads of whites the other day! And I haven't even started on linens yet. They are all still in the garage except what we are sleeping on now and we did wash those at my mom's house. Okay, really going to work now... See ya later!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

We don't even HAVE enough clothes to do that much laundry!! I bet we could do everything we own in 5 or 6 loads, not including big blankets!!! Good luck with that...

I learned a secret with Tilex from Duane's girls...If it's the normal, blue bottle stuff you can use it to get stains out of whites, it works better than bleach! You just spray the spot (being careful not to get it on any colored material), let it sit for a few minutes, then wash it.

Mary said...

Yeah, I agree - you own way to many clothes. ;) I don't own enough to do that many loads either. If you have too many to fit in your closets - I'm always open for donations! just kidding. Glad you are finding help and time to get everything done.
And I realize it isn't the same, but we just recently moved offices and I am yet to find my business cards, contact solution and my favorite pen. Hopefully your baskets will turn up soon!!

Meredith said...

my washer can't handle much laundry... and i am still not done... no water, no laundry!