Saturday, July 15, 2006

making progress...

we still have no water, but we are making a little bit of progress around the apartment. i have a huge pile of garbage to take out, mostly boxes, but I can't fit them through the stairwell with all the work going on here. So, they are sitting in my hallway, which means that Thomas flips out everytime he walks down the hallway. He can't stand clutter (which you would never know by looking at the computer desk area or his side of the bedroom!) and the piles are making him crazy. I can't exactly take the trash out during the day with Hannah, so I told him last night that if he didn't like it, he could do it himself. The boxes are still here today so they must not bother him too much. i would LOVE to get all the excess junk down to the garage, but with the workmen in the breezeways I can't do that either. So, it will have to wait. I don't typically like to do that kind of stuff on Sunday, but I may have to this week. Thomas isn't working and I need someone to watch Hannah while I go up and down the stairs. It would be different if we were in a house with a basement or a garage that was directly connected to our home and I could hear her moving around above me or if she started crying. Plus, here she can open the deadbolt and get out of the apartment and start running around the golf course. There is a pond just across the fairway from us. In Florida, kids and ponds don't mix. Not only is there a danger of drowning, but also alligators and lots of snakes. So, until I have someone to watch Hannah, I can't really do much more. I can start organizing things and hanging up the clothes in our bedroom. We haven't even started organizing our room. We have been here almost two weeks now and I still don't feel unpacked. I have GOT to get working better! I'll post photos as the apartment starts looking better.
i went to wal-mart last night and bought a studfinder and a hammer. so i got a few pictures hung. i am less than thrilled with the stud locations in this place, though. And there are metal plates EVERYWHERE. Why? Above every door, there are metal plates, so I can't hang anything above my doors. And all the people in this building are old, so I have to stop hammering around 9pm.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

you've gotta do what you've gotta do! have they told you when the water would be back on?

otismiller said...

I think you are doing amazing. I still haven't moved the junk out of the house on Jarmel and it has been a year and a half! Hang in there...things will get better!