Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Now for a real life update...

Things have been really hectic around here lately. Very good, just hectic. Thomas was sick all weekend and just went back to work today. I need to buy more Lysol from all the disinfecting that was going on in this house!

Sunday I took the kids to church alone and they were insane. They just behave better when Daddy is there to help out! Actually, Hannah was pretty well-behaved this time. Ainsley was just really tired and a quick walk around the outside of the building got her to sleep during the third hour. While we were attempting to sit through Sunday School, Ainsley got mad at me because I wouldn't let her jab a colored pencil in my eye and let out a blood-curdling SCREAM! Of course, we were sitting at the front of the room, closest to the door for a quick escape in case such a thing happened. BUT the teacher and the microphone were about two feet in front of us. Yep, the microphone caught it. I scooped her up and took her out of the class. As we were walking out, she started giggling. Little stinker wanted out of class and she got out! I am such a mean mom, I wouldn't let her down to run around. She had to stay in my arms or sit quietly on a pew. She will learn one day! Hannah loves her Primary teachers. Their lesson on Sunday was about animals and about how we should love animals because they are a blessing from Heavenly Father. One of her teachers, who is just this absolutely adorable lady, brought in one of her pet birds for the kids to see. Hannah LOVED Penny the Parakeet and has talked about that bird all week and hopes that Sister Poulsen will bring it back to church one day soon! How on earth did Thomas & I, the anti-pets, end up with an animal loving child?

Monday was pretty uneventful... just trying to deal with sickness. I did make an amazing batch of soup! YUM! Will have to share the recipe one day.

Tuesday (was that only yesterday????) was pretty cool. I had to drive down to Provo to return something to the BYU Bookstore. It was the last day to return it, so I had to go. Since Thomas was home sick, the car situation actually worked out well. I was going to leave one of the kids home with him, but decided against that when he didn't want to get up off the couch at all. I figured he needed his sleep. So, I took both girls with me. We got down to campus and walked around. It was so pretty! I had forgotten how absolutely beautiful campus is! There were new buildings and it was just peaceful there! We walked around for a bit. I let the kids out of the stroller to run around and play on the perfectly groomed grass... well, it WAS perfectly groomed! They didn't do too much damage. Hannah just tried sweeping some loose dirt back into the flowerbeds with her hands... leaving MUD on her little hands, but the sidewalk looking much better! So, I load them back into the stroller and am getting ready to leave and walk by this guy sitting on a bench. I glanced at him because there was just something about the way he was sitting there that was familiar... Then I recognized him... it was ELI! My friend from highschool in Maryland! Eli was one of my very first and very best friends from that time in my life. He really helped me adjust to a new life there and get involved with the group of kids from church. It was great to stand there and talk to him. He was in town recruiting for the company he works for. You never know who you are going to run into on campus at BYU. It is a SMALL world! After that, we met Ashley at Target for a little bit. Zoey is quite possibly the funniest little girl ever! I just love that baby! I love all my nieces and nephews, but I just saw Zoey the most recently! :) When it was time to leave, she gave me a kiss on the cheek. And she smiled at me! Oh, the things that make me happy! We got home a little after four and hung out the rest of the night. I watched "Baby Momma". What a cute movie! There were a couple of crass moments, but it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting coming from those two. Greg Kinnear was an unexpected surprise in that movie and he really made it a heartfelt movie. I thought it was cute. I didn't think it was a life-altering movie or anything, but it sure wasn't the typical SNL-esque movie I was expecting either. It really was cute. I chuckled through quite a few parts of the movie! But I also almost cried! I was able to finish my new kit and got it loaded in the store this morning... see the post below if you haven't already seen it...

So... I stayed up really late last night working since I was gone all day yesterday. I finally crawled in bed around 2. Ainsley woke me up once last night... she is finally down to only waking up once or twice. Then Hannah woke me up at 6 this morning. She wanted some kids shows. So, I put her on the couch and attempted to go back to sleep. Hannah started coughing so hard she started throwing up. So, I cleaned her up and put her in the shower. Her pajamas were soaking wet. I thought it was throw up. Nope, I went in her room and she had wet her bed. So, I had to pull her sheets off the bed. Thankfully we have a waterproof cover on the mattress and she didn't have any blankets on her except the sheet. So, I rinsed out the sheets and the pukey blanket and put them in the washer. I had to go dig around the storage room this morning to find the humidifier. After her steamy shower, I slathered her feet in Vick's and put some socks on her. She is still coughing, but nowhere near as much as this morning. Ainsley woke up at 8:30, so we should have an early naptime for everyone this morning. :) I have to go change the laundry around, so I am going to go. Wish me luck today! I am so sleepy and it is only 9:15... and Thomas accidentally took my Dr. Pepper with him to work today (i left it in the trunk yesterday!). Oh well. It's probably better that way. Okay, off to switch laundry and get some desiging done...

4 comments:

Sislers said...

We missed you guys at the b-day party last night. Glad Thomas is feeling better though :)

Angela Toucan said...

hope the whole household is bug free and well

Aleisha said...

Wow, you are quit the busy little bee. Your making me tired. Sounds like a great busy though. Hope Thomas is feeling a lot better. And I totally agree...I miss walking around BYU and Provo. Ok, I just miss Utah!

Ticklemedana said...

ha ha...you do more before 8am than I do on one of my days off! LOL...I'm going to miss these days...=)