Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Temper Tantrums & "Spiked" Kool-Aid

I am TIRED! It isn't even 5pm yet and I am totally exhausted! Hannah woke up at 6:30 this morning, screaming for me to come sleep in her bed. I don't know why she would think I would do that, as I NEVER have. So, I picked her up and put her in our bed. I was going to turn on the Disney channel for her while Thomas & I slept, but by the time I got out of the bathroom, she was curled up under my blanket, on my pillow, fast asleep! I pushed her over and climbed in bed beside her. She didn't move again until 8:30. She slept through Thomas' alarm clock and him getting ready and even through him watching ESPN this morning. She must have been cold in her room this morning. Although I think we may be getting close to the night terrors stage. She told me the other morning that Robbie Rotten (from Lazy Town) was hiding in her closet and he was going to get her. I told her that Robbie Rotten couldn't open her baby gate to get in her room! She fell for it. Whatever works! :)

Because Hannah & I slept in, poor Thomas left for work with no breakfast, lunch or dinner. Today is going to be at least a 14 hour work day for him. And he is the only new car finance manager there today so he can't leave the store at all. So, we got up and got ready and made Thomas' lunch and dinner and took it to him. Hannah cried and cried when we had to leave Daddy at work. She wanted me to leave and go run errands by myself and leave her at Daddy's work. This little girl loves her daddy. I had to run to Target for a few things. I really was planning to only get one or two things, so I decided to just get a basket instead of a cart. BIG MISTAKE! Hannah kept running away from me. I could tell she was getting tired. So I was trying to hurry. That just made it worse. I was trying to find gel or mousse for my newly short hair. Hannah took the lids off about 5 different shampoo bottles. I couldn't figure out which ones they actually went on! I never did find the open bottles, just the lids, which we left sitting on the Target shelf. I am hoping that it was really some other kid that took the lids off and Hannah just found them! Who am I kidding? :) And before anyone freaks out, I was holding onto the back of Hannah's sweater the entire time, I was just looking at the different hair gels. By the time we made it the register, Hannah was exhausted and just sat down in the middle of the floor. I had to make her scoot forward with me. And of course there were only TWO checkout lines open! What a nightmare. We finally got out of there, with only a mild tantrum in front of the snack court where Hannah demanded popcorn and a pepsi. She was one disappointed kid when she walked out of the store empty-handed. Then I lifted her to put her in her carseat and was disgusted to find that she had wet through her diaper. In the less than two hours we had been gone, she had wet completly through her diaper. YUCK! So, we got home, changed clothes and ate lunch then went outside to play. I am not an outdoors person, neither is Thomas. I have no idea how we got such an outdoors kid. She rode her bike back and forth in the parking lot for about an hour, then we walked out back behind our apartment to play in the leaves. It is the only place in town where we have fall leaves! :) She kept trying to run onto the golf course. So, I finally had to drag her in the house. She was NOT happy. She threw a major tantrum. I got her up the stairs by bribing her with Blues Clues. So, right now she is eating a bag of popcorn and drinking grape juice, watching Wow Wow Wubzy. And I am having major braxton hicks contractions. I started getting them early with Hannah, too, so I am not worried about early labor, but I am remembering why childbirth is such a miserable experience. So, I feel that I have earned a tall glass of Grape Kool-Aid spiked with Mountain Dew. YUM! It is actually more like a glass of Mountain Dew spiked with a little grape Kool-Aid! It is kind of cool when you mix the two, though. The Kool-Aid is less dense than the Mountain Dew, so you get a layer of Mountain Dew then a layer of the mixture, then Kool-Aid on top. I 'll post a picture!


this is Hannah playing in the leaves behind our apartment this afternoon. The only way I got her to smile was by telling her to smile at my sister, Ashley, who I was talking to on my cell phone at the time. stinker!this is my beautiful, sweet mixture of heaven on earth! :) I considered dumping the Kool-Aid powder directly into the Dew, but didn't want to have to clean up and resulting explosions or disasters should they occur. :) Maybe one day when I am less exhausted!

I have been scrapping like a mad woman lately, but can't put any of the layouts up as none of the kits have been released yet! :) So, one of these days, I'll have about 20 layouts to post! I hope that everyone has a marvelous day! I'm going to go scrap! :)

4 comments:

Aleisha said...

That is such a sweet pict of hannah. Shes getting so big. I ran into Ashley at costco yesterday, was great seeing her. For a moment there, I thought I walked by you. She looks really good. I want to see your newly short hair, thought your long hair was beautiful, but you always look good, so no worries there.

Robin said...

LOL about your Koolaid concoction there. It does sound like you deserve it girl! :) And it would be fun to take Taylor and Hannah shopping because T pulls off all the labels from everything in the store and Hannah could remove the caps and it would just confuse everything! :)

Sislers said...

That is so funny about Hannah and the bottles!! Makayla's 7, and we still get a cart, just because kids just love to touch things.
I also want to see a picture of your short hair...

chrissy said...

girl, just go for the straight mountain dew. you deserve it.