Friday, January 12, 2007

My mean toddler!


Oh my goodness! My daughter is so mean! I babysat a friend's daughter for an hour or two today and Hannah was so MEAN! Okay, Hannah cries for this little girl to come over and play. She asks about her almost every single day! The little girl comes over for the first time in a month and Hannah won't even play with her! Hannah was clingy and wouldn't even get off my lap until lunch time. Then she ate lunch at the table and proceeded to tattle on poor little Chloe the entire time! "Chloe dropped her cheese." "Chloe is making a mess, Mom." YIKES! I hope this phase goes away before our little Paprika is born and moving around. I couldn't take Hannah's whiny attitude anymore, so after lunch we went downstairs to blow bubbles and play. Chloe wasn't really interested in the bubbles, so I pulled out the ride-on toys. Hannah kept trying to run over poor little Chloe. I was about to call it a day, when Chloe's mom showed up, so we could double-cover the kids. I had to drag Hannah up the stairs when it was time to come home. Then we had to run a few errands... I HATE running errands with Hannah! So, we get home and the phone rings. I answer it and am talking to a friend from church, trying to make sure that we have enough teachers for the children's Primary. Hannah wet through her diaper (in a ONE HOUR time period), so I was trying to change Hannah's diaper at the same time. She wanted to sit on the potty and pee. I put her up there and she sat there for 20 minutes, playing. I finally got her down and tried to put a clean diaper on her. She got mad and KICKED ME IN THE FACE, with her shoes on! My lip didn't bleed, but I am pretty surprised it didn't. I do not know what to do with this angry little child. Time out is NOT working. Positive re-enforcement is NOT working. Today has been a very long day... hopefully tomorrow will be better... But we did have a good snuggle for about an hour this evening. I love my little girl and I wish I could reach her. I think she is just a typical two-year old who doesn't know how to handle her anger and frustration, but how do I keep her from acting out? When she gets angry, she tries to punch my belly... not good when you're pregnant. I have a couple of friends who are therapists, so I am going to talk to one of them at church on Sunday. We'll see what she has to say. :)

4 comments:

otismiller said...

Oh, you poor thing! I just got through looking at the CD you sent to use for Christmas. Hannah is so angelic looking, and you are such a talented photographer! I was so sentimental...missing you, Hannah and Thomas. So I went to your blog to indulge myself a bit more. It was such a jolt back to reality. I felt so guilty because it made me chuckle! Not that it is funny at your expense, but the reality of family life is the chaos and the unpredictability. Looking back, that is what I miss the most about having little kids. Hanna is so beautiful, and you are doing such a wonderful job. And it is fun to see the shots of Thomas...I am very proud to see he is such a loving Daddy!

otismiller said...

P.S. Sorry about my typing errors...I think faster than I type!

chrissy said...

Tom needs to take a week off of work (yeah right like they'd let him) and you need to fly somewhere for a few days. Maybe we should plan another Monticello getaway weekend again sometime!!! It is coming up on the one year mark...

sorry to hear about banana. it's hard to believe since she's so dang cute and sweet in all the pictures i've seen!!! i guess it's true; looks can be deceiving!

Aleisha said...

I think its just the age that there at. Rylan has his HORRIBLE terrible two moments. Although someone told me it gets worse at three. Lets hope thats not true. We just found out were heading to Georgia for six months before heading to Italy. We'll have to drive down to see you guys. We gotta make a disney world trip before heading out of the country.