Monday, August 28, 2006

starting to feel like a home!

our apartment is starting to feel like home! I just hung curtains in the family room/office area. I tried to use the holes that were already in the wall, but they weren't the right size. I think the morons who fixed this place up before we moved in used caulking instead of spackling to fill the h0les in the walls. Then they didn't sand or paint them. But the curtains are blocking too much of the natural light we get so I am going to have to move the curtains over another 6 inches on each side. I hope the curtain rod is long enough! Then I am going to have to re-do my photo arrangements. We only have one window in the living area (family room, office, dining room, kitchen) so we need all the natural light we can get. I feel like I am in a dungeon. They are bright yellow curtains so they shouldn't block too much, but I just feel claustrophobic. i need to take a bunch more stuff down to the garage like pictures we aren't using, extension cords, extra curtains, flower arrangements, etc... I need to clean the house one day and then take photos. Maybe I will do that on Wednesday. A couple of guys from church are coming over Wednesday night and the last thing I need is for them to go home and tell their wives how messy my house is! I better start cleaning now!

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I'm glad you guys are settling in! I can't wait to see the pictures.