Monday, August 14, 2006

It's my party!

Okay, so it really isn't so much a party as it is just another day... but it is MY DAY!

It's my BIRTHDAY!
If I were a good little girl, I would make you guys a scrapbook kit and hand it out here today, but I'm not, so happy birthday to me!

So, what am I going to do today? Well, Hannah woke me up at 7 this morning. I couldn't sleep last night. There was a documentary on Sept 11 on the History Channel that Thomas had on. I couldn't take my eyes off it. Still, almost 5 years later, the images still have such a powerful effect on me. Everyone is talking about these movies that are coming out and I just don't think I am ready to watch a movie about such a horrible life-altering day and call it entertainment. When we finally turned it off at 2am, I couldn't sleep. So, needless to say, I am exhausted again. I have already cleaned the bathrooms and done dishes. I still need to dust, vacuum & mop. Thomas is working until 9 tonight. And I have about 4 loads of laundry to keep me company. My sister, Ashley, and my sister-in-law, Amber, may come over and watch my new DVD that I got for my birthday. Thanks Amber!!! :) I have to go buy a carbon monoxide detector because we don't have one and don't want to die. The water heater closet in the main hallway of the building always smells like gas. That's never good. We may make a trip to Wal-Mart and to the dumpster to take out the garbage... Sounds like a great start to my 28th year! toilets, trash, potty-training, laundry, cooking, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, the good stuff in life! :)


5 comments:

Aleisha said...

Happy Birthday Meredith. Sounds like a great day planned. Enjoy the day, and hope its a great one!!! =o)

chrissy said...

WOO HOO! I'm comin' over!

P A R T A Y ! ! !

Robin said...

hope you had a fabulous birthday Meredith!!!

Mary said...

Well, I'm a week late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad that I'm not the only old one... ;)

otismiller said...

Happy Birthday Party Girl!!! I really like that Mary girl....I like a little company when I am late.