Thursday, September 03, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

I can't believe she started school today. I mean, I always knew this day would come, but I didn't really think it would. Ya know? It just kinda snuck up on me.

Let me walk you through the school experience today. First up, a picture with Ainsley, before we left for school.


One of Hannah by herself with her brand new Tink backpack.

On the way to school!



Showing Daddy where her classroom is.


Posing in front of her class. No, she didn't have to go to the bathroom, she just likes to be crazy.


Hannah lining up with her class when the bell rang.


Walking into the classroom


Seriously? I have to wait until 2022 to ship this kid off to college? Totally kidding!



This is what she looked like when I picked her up after school. I thought she must have had a bad day at school. Nope, she wanted to ride the bus home and not ride home with me. BUT there was a mixup with the school and they didn't have her assigned to a bus route, so she couldn't get on the bus. Hopefully that will be resolved in time for school tomorrow!


She was happy once we found a nice shade tree for her to pose under.


After we got home I took some pictures of Hannah (Yes, sadly, that is our back yard. We can't seem to get rid of the weeds.) A girl that I scrapbook with gave me this idea to take a picture of Hannah with her name in her handwriting. My friend used a chalkboard but since I didn't have one of those, Hannah used a sharpie and spiral notebook. But I like it. I am going to have to do some photos of Ainsley tomorrow.


This is Hannah in one of our big trees.


And this is Hannah when she was done with the photo shoot.


It feels like just yesterday that she looked like this. And she actually liked her parents. And she was sweet and tiny. And I could protect her and keep her safe from the big bad scary world. I have to stop or I am going to start crying again. :)


The good news, she loves school and is happy to go back tomorrow. Bad news, it took us TWO HOURS to do a simple homework assignment. She had to tell me ONE sentence about her first day of Kindergarten and then draw a picture about it. She didn't want to draw a picture about it. She wanted to write a poem. We are trying to stress the importance of following directions. Wish us luck.

8 comments:

ashalston said...

Okay, not going to lie... I want to cry too. She cannot be in SCHOOL. Are you kidding me?! I miss my little Hannah. I absolutely LOVE the picture of Hannah in the chair in your backyard... what a CUTE idea! And, I kinda like the weeds... it makes for a good picture! I'm glad she liked school... those darn kids better be nice to her!!

Kara and Theo said...

I keep thinking of Hannah in that adorable chicken outfit you had her in for her first Halloween, it's crazy she's in school. Time sure flies. I love the picture where she is doing that funky pose outside her classroom. I have a feeling she is going to be just fine in the friend department. =)

Angela Toucan said...

great photos, glad she enjoyed her first day at school - how did you do?

Mary said...

Our kids are getting so big! I'm so glad Hannah had a good first day. She gets to ride the bus? How fun!! They don't consider 1.2 miles bus worthy up here - so we don't get one... sucks! Love the pictures of her, especially the one with her name.
I want to see some 'showoff my house' pictures. :)

DottieLou said...

adorable... Thomas has his work cut out for him ... there will be suiters a plenty

Angie said...

I wanted to cry reading this post! But I'm glad she likes it, and wants to go back! Oh, and I LOVE love LOVE the pics from your photo shoot... particularly the one of her sitting in the chair. CUTE!

robin said...

Congrats to Hannah on her first day of school! Such beautiful photos too! :)

RLH said...

Great pics! I like the one of her holding her name, reminds me of the INXS video but way cooler :-)