Monday, June 23, 2008

okay... new vacation report

okay, lest you all think that i had a miserable week... let me just say that the first few days of the trip were amazing! yes, palm desert was HOTTER than heck! BUT it was really nice to just relax and enjoy family time. The drive to the beach and while we were at the beach was great! It was a lot of fun until Thomas turned into a lobster. Then I had three small whiny children to take care of instead of two! BUT we still had a good time with our little family. It was a lot of fun to spend that much time with Thomas. We really enjoyed going to dinner with his dad & shelly & siblings. The chef at the restaurant was amazing and he walked me through the entire menu and custom created my meal for me. Two delicious filet mignon, perfectly grilled chicken breasts & broccolini, and a salad! YUM! And Thomas and I were able to walk around the resort and just hold hands and enjoy each other without kids pulling on us. We really are grateful to Jim & Shelly for the wonderful opportunity to spend time together and have an amazing meal!

When I said never ever again, I was referring to a family vacation in Palm Desert in the middle of the summer! We are already looking forward to our next little family trip. And Thomas and I enjoyed Las Vegas so much that we are hoping to maybe coax someone into watching our kids for us for a few days, so we can sneak away for our anniversary this fall.

It was REALLY nice to be near family for this trip. When we wanted to hang out with other people, all we had to do is open our bedroom door and there was a whole other family there! Hi Bailey Fam! We basically had a shared living space with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. We got one bedroom and bathroom and the Baileys had the other. It was sooooo nice to be able to do laundry while we were there. I came home with a suitcase full of CLEAN laundry and a very small bag of dirty laundry! There was even a dishwasher! Woohoo! I didn't realize how much I missed having a dishwasher until we were there.

Anyway... coming home was a huge bummer! My house is a mess (the kitchen is clean now!). There is laundry everywhere (at least it's clean!). And Tommy had to go back to work (I am VERY grateful that he has a job to go back to!). BUT the good news is that it's 20 degrees cooler here and the gas is $0.50 cheaper per gallon in Utah!

Okay, I am going to go clean my bathroom now and start on the family room! :)

3 comments:

Sean Rigby said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Hot trip. We just went to a waterpark in upstate NY in rainy, low 70's weather. I don't know what's better - blue lips or a red back. Hope Tom is feeling better.

Aleisha said...

Wish I could go on vacation. I really want to go to Germany and back to Ireland. So much to do and so little money. Bummer!

Cardalls said...

welcome to the desert! we aren't 118, but around 108! HEAT is the word of the day.