Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my dream vacation spot...

With all the vacation preparations going on at our house lately, I have been thinking about how stressful it is to go on vacations. I am watching gas prices like a hawk! I am trying to figure out how we are going to do everything we want to do in the time we have without blowing our budget. I am making lists of everything we have to take, meals we are going to have there, where we are going to buy our groceries when we get there, things to buy before we leave, things to do before we leave... print itineraries, directions, maps, reservations, etc... I have to buy a new bathing suit... blech! I tried on 10 different ones last weekend and I decided that I am NOT going to be seen in a two piece suit, so I tried on FOUR different one pieces that I have and none of them fit... so I now have to buy an ugly one piece because I was too lazy to exercise more the last few weeks. I am getting pretty frazzled over here! I started thinking about my dream vacation, because although I am looking forward to this one, this ain't my idea of a dream! The desert in the middle of summer, no thanks!

My dream vacation would be somewhere romantic and secluded where Thomas and I could just explore. Just us. No kids. No friends. No family. Just me & my sweetheart! I want to eat in little cafes and not ever worry about a clock or a schedule. No naptimes or bedtimes to worry about. It could be anywhere in the world, as long as I am with my Tommy. So, since I have already disgusted you all with my sappiness, let me take another minute to tell my sweetheart how much I love him. He's an amazing man!!! He is such a good daddy and a wonderful husband. I love you, Tommy! Thank you for all you do for us. Okay, done now! :)

5 comments:

Melinda said...

hear hear! I'm right there with ya, Meredith! The preparations for a vacation are enough to make me not want to go a lot of the time now. I too miss the days where we each had one bag over our shoulder and a train ticket and we spent two weeks walking around Italy. That was one trip where all of our best laid plans got tossed out the window- and it was wonderful! not gonna happen now with 5 kids in tow- I wouldn't trade them for anything, but they sure do complicate things sometimes LOL!

Aleisha said...

Come to Italy for a week and stay in our House. That's the week we'll just happen to be in Germany or France. So you won't have to pay for a place to stay. Just a thought. =o)

Mary said...

wow - that sounds nice. dream vacation... And I'm impressed you tried 2 piece bathing suit. I'm all about the ones with skirts. LOL!

Angela Toucan said...

I'd never go for a 2-piece, too prudish. Oh I wish for a day when schedules can be forgotten

Angela Toucan said...

I'd never go for a 2-piece, too prudish. Oh I wish for a day when schedules can be forgotten