Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some Pictures

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of this month!

***
Ainsley decided that she is done with naps... except for when she falls asleep on the living room floor on a box. But that doesn't count as a nap, right?


***
Earlier this month, my sister, Angie, and her husband and daughter came to Utah for his sister's wedding. We were able to spend a few hours with Ang & Tom & Maddy. My kids were mean to Maddy. Maddy teased Hannah. Hannah cried. All in all, a typical experience with Hannah these days! :) Ainsley & Maddy actually played pretty well together. Hannah wrote a play and organized refreshments.




Angie was a beautiful flower.

Maddy liked Dora's hair.



***
Ainsley & I met Chrissy at the library for storytime. The story lady was dressed up like a pirate and had cute eye patches and bandanas for the kids to wear. Not Ainsley. But since then, she has been asking to go back and see the pirate lady.

***
Hannah's school had a fundraiser a couple weeks ago. The kids were supposed to jog for 20 minutes and sponsors paid them for each lap they completed. There were four different checkpoints for the kids to check in. Each child was assigned to a different checkpoint. They were hoping to avoid a bottleneck. Hannah was kinda oblivious. She stopped at each checkpoint to get a mark on her tally sheet! Thankfully she didn't have any sponsors (we're bad parents and don't believe in doing school fundraisers that way) who were paying per lap.
She did a really great job running. She ran or walked the entire way. I was so proud of her!
excuse the messy face, please





Hannah's teacher is so cute and so sweet with the kids. She puts her arm around each child every day as they are leaving and talks to each one.

The most adorable cheerleader at the school! :)

***
It's finally fall! Thank goodness. Ainsley loves to go outside and play after we drop Hannah off at the bus stop. Or after we go to the store. Or any reason she can find to be outside. Look, her hair is done.


No hair done here. I promise, she pulled out her own clip and hid it. We raked up a big pile of leaves for the girls and they had a great time.

Our house with the Halloween decorations and Ainsley peeling bark off our dead tree.

Thomas on the roof winterizing the swamp cooler.

Ainsley playing in the leaves

Hannah playing in the leaves, too.

I love this tricycle.

I think I want to edit this photo and frame it for my living room, or the play room.

My girls, relaxing in a leaf pile.

***

We went to pumpkin patch last night for the Cardall family party. It was a cute little farm with a produce stand. They have beautiful pumpkins with the vines still on them. Loved it! Grandma and Grandpa let each kid pick a pumpkin from the wagon. Hannah picked one for Ainsley and one for herself. She was quite picky and chose two perfect little pumpkins.







***
This morning, I met four of my aunts, a few of their kids, my cousin's wife and her kids and my two little kiddos at Gardner Village. We went to Pine Needles, an adorable little fabric store, and some other cute shops. We had lunch at Archibald's... S.L.O.W. but really good. My kids were horribly behaved, but I really enjoyed my time with my aunts. It was so nice to see them. And I got a beautiful new quilt from my aunt JoAnn. It's in browns and oranges and is folded over the back of my couch. LOVE it!


***
Tonight, Hannah & I went to her Primary carnival. We got there and found out that it was a family carnival, but Hannah decided that she wanted some girl time, so we didn't go home and get Daddy & Ainsley. Hannah & I had fun at the carnival. They had face painting, balloon animals (with a clown, and I didn't freak out), games, coloring, cake walk, popcorn, hot chocolate. They did a really great job and Hannah had a blast.

Isn't she the most beautiful Tinkerbell ever? I can't believe that my baby is so grown up!


Well, that's it so far. We have a really busy next couple of weeks. I'll post more photos when I get some!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Such cute photos. Your girls are so beautiful. It was really fun seeing you today! We definitely have to do that more often...obnoxious kiddos and all. At least we all had them to contribute to the "funness" of the day.

Angie said...

Cutest pictures EVER! I love the ones of Hannah & Ainsley playing in the leaves! And Hannah doing her little run.... Oh man, she is adorable. I'm glad you finally posted some pictures... Can't wait to see pictures of their little Halloween costumes! Are you making them now that you are a talented, crafty momma??