Thursday, October 15, 2009

Some fun projects & scrapbook pages!

I am really enjoying working with the digital scrapbook products by The Ettes! The bright colors and fun graphics are just perfect for layouts with kids! I had the opportunity to work with two of their brand new products this month.

First up, is their new Halloween Magic kit, available at ScrapOrchard. The first layout is also using Templ-Ette Collection 8. Thomas' mom comes to Utah every year for Halloween. It's "her" holiday. My kids just love Grandma Sharon, especially little Ainsley. She just snuggled right up to Grandma and didn't give any of the other kids much of a chance.

And these are our trick-or-treat photos from last year!
(Good thing I am so far behind on my scrapbooking!)

And this is a fun hybrid project I made using this kit.

*In Photoshop, I created a new canvas large enough to go around the jar. I believe it was 3x12.

*I designed a wrap, basically just layering a couple of papers, adding some stitching and wordart.

*Then I increased the canvas size to 12x12, added the witch feet element, the witch hat element and one of the pumpkins.
*I saved my project, uploaded it to FedEx and had them print it on their bright white cardstock.

*Then, I cut out all the pieces. The witch legs were kind of time consuming because of the notched stripes on the tights, but I loved them so I didn't just chop them off! :)

*Next, I adhered all the pieces to the jar.

*Wrap black ribbon around the jar lid.

*Hot glue your wooden ball (witch head) to the top of your jar, add some fuzzy green hair & you're done!

And good luck trying to keep your kiddos out of the candy corns long enough to let them be a decoration!


I also got to use the new Chore Chart kit by The Ettes, available at ScrapOrchard. I have been trying to figure out the best way to make a chore chart for my kiddos for a long time. Then, the Ettes asked me if I would like to use their new Templ-Ette. You betcha! I was talking to my sister-in-law and she was telling me how hard it is for her son to ever want to do chores. So, when I saw the new Chore Chart kit, I knew that I needed to make a chore chart for my nephew! You can see the instructions for this project on the project photo. I am still working on the chore charts for my girls. I can't decide if I want them to match my kitchen or their bedroom. I am hoping to have those done soon!


(Due to dumb new blogger laws, please read the following statement and see my Discosure statement on my sidebar.)
Disclosure: In exchange for creating digital scrapbook layouts and hybrid projects and posting the finished projects on my blog, I did receive the following products for free:
Halloween Magic by The Ettes
Templ-Ette Collection 8 by The Ettes
Chore Chart kit by The Ettes

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love the witch jar! That is just TOO cute! The layouts and chore charts are adorable too. You are so talented... Your kids will have the most amazing scrapbooks to look at when they're older.

Sara said...

Very cute little witch jar. Very clever. You are right, the witch legs were worth having you cut them out. So cute! I also have great intentions of doing chore charts one day. My list of things that I want to do just keeps getting longer.

Sara said...

Very cute little witch jar. Very clever. You are right, the witch legs were worth having you cut them out. So cute! I also have great intentions of doing chore charts one day. My list of things that I want to do just keeps getting longer.