Tuesday, January 24, 2006

technology woes. . .

My dumb DVD burner isn't working! ugh! I need to back up my hardrive. Every time I use my DVD burner I get a communication error. I opened up my PC and checked all the cables. There are no updates to Nero available. So, when my husband gets home tonight, he has to try to find the drivers for the burner and see what he can do. I had 50 mb left on my hardrive this morning. That is crisis level!!! So, I had to burn a few CDs of old layouts. I really need to get my DVD burner up and going so that I can organize my digital scrapbooking stuff. I have this masterpiece of an idea of how to organize everything, but I can't do it without my burner!
Thank goodness for Blues Clues! Hannah sits there in a daze and watches for Blues Clues for an hour at a time. She loves the "Bluestock" DVD. Hmmmm. . . I wonder if I could hook my DVR for my TV up to my computer and make backups that way. . . I doubt it, that would be too easy. We are going to have to spend $150 that we don't have lying around to fix this.
I am finally starting to feel better. I was actually hungry today. I think I overdid it, though. I ate spaghetti & salad & peach cobbler and I have eaten about 40 pretzels. Nothing like a little indigestion on top of getting over a flu! :)

1 comment:

chrissy said...

yeah, that was all french to me! thanks goodness I have greg to take care of my computer. i'm glad you are starting to feel better. it's cool you started blogging... it's fun to know what's going on with you guys, and i love seeing your layouts. tell TLC i say hi!