Monday, July 27, 2009

Woohoo! Kindgerarten is FREE!

Finally, some good news! Something is FREE!!!!!! I didn't know this, but Utah is a Free School state. That means that there are no fees for kids to attend school. No bus fees, no classroom fees, no school fees, no registration fees! There are things you can voluntarily donate, but nothing required! Kindergarten kids don't have to purchase school supplies! Everything is provided. There is a list of voluntary supplies that parents can donate, but nothing is required! Woohoo! We finally got the girls' birth certificates in the mail last week. We are waiting on their medical records and then we can go get shots for Hannah and get her registered for school. She is so excited, but really nervous! I can totally relate. I am looking forward to her going to school for three hours every day, but I am so scared to not have my baby with me! We don't leave our kids very often, so it's really hard for me to feel ready for her to start school. Thomas and I were talking last night about all the things we still need to reinforce with her over the next four weeks. It's a scary world and even more scary when you watch Law & Order reruns! Kids are exposed to so many ugly things at such young ages these days. It's a crazy world! So... watch for first day of school photos, that may be out of focus depending on how hard my eyes are watering! :)

4 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

hello again Meredith. Do you mean to say that these things are not normally free in America? They are here. Glad you don't have to pay for them anymore.

Angie said...

I will cry my eyes out on her first day of school... I can't even imagine how you must feel! Oh she will just be the CUTEST kindergartener EVER.

Cardalls said...

I felt the exact same way with my first going off to school. Fortunately kindergarten is a very sheltered, loving environment...I wish they could stay in kindergarten for a couple more years. She will LOVE it and thrive and learn and grow so much!

Sislers said...

Yay for little Banners :) she just cracks me up...I can't wait to hear all her stories from school.