Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Rough Day at the Crandalls!

Why is it that things are always chaotic and stressful on the days I need it to not be chaotic and stressful?

This morning I awoke to the wonderful smell of poo. Ainsley had pooped in her diaper and was covered in it from the waist down. Mercifully, the poo was contained inside the pajamas. So, I had to put her in the bathtub, strip her down, clean her off, wash out her clothes, scrub the bathtub and then bathe her. I had to use Thomas' Old Spice Extra Tough Body Wash... that's not good for the eczema!

Then, Ainsley finally went down for a nap and remember how I said that Hannah wasn't sick... well, she's sick now. And whiny. So I banished her to my room so that I could study. I heard the tv come on in my room and it was LOUD and it was STATIC. I didn't want it to wake up Ainsley so I jumped up, pushed open my bedroom door and smacked Hannah in the face with the doorknob. Busted her bottom lip open. Just a tiny bit. But she's really mad at me. She's fine. She is watching a movie and playing computer games. And yes, her yelling at me that I am the meanest mom ever DID wake Ainsley up. So, no study time for Mommy and I now have TWO whiny little munchkins! :) I have a feeling this midterm is not going to go so well...

6 comments:

Angie said...

That is the funniest AND saddest story ever... Poor little Hannah-bear! Tell her she can come live with me if you beat her again... Just kidding, just kidding... Good luck with the midterm. Looks like youll need it!

Amber said...

Oh man! I hate when the poo is overflowing! I feel ya. And so sad for Hannah Bear. Seriously, good luck with the school.

Aleisha said...

Wow! Good luck with the little ones. Hope they get better soon. And good luck on your midterm.

DottieLou said...

i often miss my little kids... but not on those "poo" days... hang in there they will be big before you know it

Brown Family said...

That story made me laugh with you (if you were laughing) and not at you. I can't do cranky kids and that is typically what my children are- CRANKY! I feel your pain. I hope your day gets better and you do well on your midterm.

Unknown said...

Hey Meredith,
You're funny I can totally picture you telling this story, that does sound like a rough morning. It would be fun to see you again, I hope it works out for Provo in April:)
Amber Davidson